Nature is one of five elements in Coda. It’s color is green. When fused to a sword it lets you make trees. Every tree is up for few seconds, then it quickly gets smaller and disappears. Normal slashes’ (hold slash, side slash, direct slash) trees can be used to block enemies. Over slash lets you create green tree. Green tree is green only for you. It looks like all other trees for enemies. When you create green tree you can then make rising slash to teleport to it. It can be used to trick people. When creating a green tree you must be very careful, though. If anyone (including you) hits it with a sword-you die. If you make rising slash without having a green tree you will create normal tree right under you (it can be used to give you some additional height and get to high places).
• You have to keep in mind, that every player will try to hit your green tree in order to kill you without fight. He doesn’t know which tree is green, and you can use this to your advantage, specially in duels. If you have only one opponent you can easily trick them
• It’s recommended to use fast swords with not so bad range.
• If you accidentally make an obvious green tree near your opponent you have two choices. Quickly spam the area between your tree and your opponent with normal trees, or if it’s not too close to enemy, you can quickly teleport and fight with a sword (it’s not recommended to teleport if opponent is close to a tree already)
• Trees can be used to block charging enemies (including the ones on the horse) and xing.
• If you fake green tree (trick opponent to think that normal tree is green) he will probably attack it once, and then think that he missed and start to whiff for a second. You can quickly sneak from behind and kill him with your sword (recommended), or shoot at him with xing (not recommended, as you can easily miss) There’s one example of tricking enemy. You jump over enemy, make green tree within medium distance from opponent (far enough not to let him kill you). Repeat this once/twice. Then jump, and make normal tree very nearby to him. When he runs for it you quickly attack him from behind, while he’s trying to “kill” your tree.
• Nature is one of the hardest elements to use effectively.
• Sky is very hard to fight against with nature, as sky users are remaining in the air almost the whole time.
• If you happen to fight against fire user you have to be very careful. You might want to change to water and normally fight them with sword.
• With nature you can easily kill an earth user, as they are usually standing on the ground, and their swords are mostly slow (this gives you more time to approach them after you trick them).
• You can kill yourself by hitting your own green tree, so try not to spam your sword attacks near your tree.